Learn how to make Emergency Snowshoes during this 2-Day weekend class. Craft your own pair of highly functional snowshoes. Snowshoes, also called Ski Shoes, allow you to hike and maneuver in snow country with success. Without snowshoes or skis to keep you on top of deep snow, your body will soon tire and suffer exhaustion succumbing to exposure and cold.
Tuition: please contact us for one-on-one or group custom training opportunities.
READ: Registration Policies before purchasing. Buy by CHECK
Emergency Snowshoes Class
- build a pair of emergency ski shoes from green sticks
- notch and carve using a knife
- bind-craft-knot techniques to assemble
- knot and bind-craft for bindings
- useful wild plants
Advance your training in Winter bush skills during this 2-day weekend class. Learn cordage, knots and knife-craft, and build upon your wild plant knowledge and application.
Cordage Knives Sticks
With these three tools, cordage, knives, and sticks, you can craft emergency snowshoes or ski shoes. Stop a rabbit dead in its tracks. You can build a survival shelter, set a snare, notch a deadfall. Or carve a bow drill with your knife.
You can make do with cordage, knives, and sticks. Simple tools to survive in the bush.
Have a question about this class?
- Driving directions, gear list, start time, forms, specific to your class are provided upon registration
- No smoking
- No dogs or pets allowed on camp premises or in vehicles
- Leave No Trace: pack it in and pack it out
Location and accommodations
The Oregon Survival School operates out of two primary privately owned locations.
Check under DETAILS at the top of the page for class locations.
- Coast Camp: is near Florence in an old-growth Sitka Spruce forest with wetland and lake habitat.
- Cascade Camp: near Oakridge is a mixed conifer Douglas Fir forest with streamside, wetland, and meadow habitats.
Welcome to Coast Camp! Approximately one hour's drive west of Eugene. No accommodations available on site. See area accommodations for Camping, Honeyman Memorial State Park, Lagoon Campground, Darlings Marina & RV Resort are the closest. Motel accommodations in and around Florence OR., 97439 and Dune City.
Welcome to Cascade Camp! Tent and car camping are available onsite at Cascade Camp. Approximately one hour's drive east of Eugene, near the community of Oakridge, OR. 97463