Father-Son Survival Camp is an opportunity to spend time together exploring nature while learning outdoor skills. Both Father and son learn practical camping, woodcraft, and survival skills. Fun-filled with plenty of outdoor activities. It's true, there is nothing like camping with your son and spending this special time together. Join us for great fun and adventure in Oregon.
Father-Son Survival Camp
Book your spot today!
Ages: Children 8 and older with accompanying Parent.
Date: Contact Us to request a date that fits your and our schedule.
READ: Registration Policies before purchasing. Buy by CHECK
Father Son Video
Adventure for Father and Son
Camping skills are fun to learn. We will learn to set up tents, string a tarp. And use a carving knife safely, we will work on making fire from rubbing sticks together, track wildlife, fish, and learn to walk silent in the woods. Plenty of time to swim, study and eat interesting insects, learn tree and plant identification, and eat more bugs.
Camping Skills for children
Camp cooking is hot dogs and roasting marshmallows over a campfire. But there is much more to cooking outdoors. Armies march on their stomach and so do campers. We will learn simple campfire cooking while discovering several ways to prepare a meal outdoors.
- campsite location - safety
- survival shelters
- knife safety- use -wood carving
- fire making – safety and responsibility
- water – treatment, and filtering techniques
- wood containers
- animal tracking - nature awareness
- wildlife behavior
- wild foods foraging
- campfire cooking
- crafting - string making
- hunting with sticks - no animals are taken
- leave no trace - how to shat in the woods properly
- Eligible Students: ages children 8 and older with accompanying parent
- Duration: custom dates
- Schedule: custom
- Accommodations included: Adirondack, (open ended shelters with bunks.) Or bring a tent.
- Food: meals are not provided. Recommended gear and food list
- Location: Oregon
- Instructors and Staff: Mark Wienert owner – founder and head instructor; Lifesong Staff – student volunteers