Wilderness Survival Training in Texas
What is Wilderness Survival Training in Texas?
Wilderness Survival Training in Texas is 4-days of skills-based, hands-on outdoor training, emphasizing both modern and primitive technology. You'll enjoy challenges and growth through this full-immersion survival training camp!
Whether you are curious about developing survival skills or already on your way, Texas Camp creates an intimate setting that provides many opportunities to practice, and to grow your knowledge.
Gain a sense of what it might be like in real survival situations, while taking on proven skills to ensure fail-safe outcomes.
Get real 'Dirt Time' with a professional survival trainer. You'll engage in exercises that will expand your senses, movement, and awareness in nature. You'll practice valuable scenarios in real outdoor survival conditions that will build your confidence, knowledge and skills.
Develop These Valuable Survival Skills
Water and Hydration
Underground Cooking Video
Even More Survival Knowledge To Discover!
Useful Texas Plants
Primitive Survival Traps
Human Animal Behavior
Wilderness Survival Training Texas
The Texas Standard
March, 12-15, 2023
Location: Near Austin, TX
READ: Registration Policies before purchasing. Buy by CHECK or Purchase by PayPal
Note: Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to attend.
The Texas Standard Training Camp is open to Adults. Teens 16 & older are welcome with parental approval.
Purchase by PayPal
Spring Break 2023 - Wilderness Survival Training in Texas!
Ask yourself this question...
Could you survive outdoors during a natural disaster for one week? Without matches, a gun, knife, food, and the skills needed to survive.
We provide the knowledge and hands-on training to give the edge during any crisis.
We teach you how to survive and thrive in nature!
Do you know how to supply yourself with the most basic survival needs? Our expert training will prepare you!
What People Say About Their Experience
Get the Details
Grub Time and Survivor Stews
As an immersion course on survival, you'll be happy to know we serve filling and satisfying savory meals. That is not to say that you'll eat familiar foods. After all, to fully experience the stresses of survival training our food may not be like your normal fair.
A typical meal may include:
- Fast Foods:
- Gorp (a mix of dried fruits and nuts)
Main Meals (Mostly prepared in a dutch oven and open fire)
- Vegetable Stews
- Underground Oven
- Treats & Snacks
- Someone's Birthday Cake
- Fruits and Nuts
Optional Wilderness Meals
- Survivor Stew (A mix of below)
- Landscape offerings
- Foraged plants
- Insects (beetle larvae, pine bark beetles, ant larva, ants, scorpions, earthworms)
- Rodent Surprise
"You will experience a very welcoming flow of learning complex skills paired with hard work, being at peace with surroundings and good conversation."
An example of a day at camp:
Breakfast around 7-8am
- Take a Walk to limber our bodies, learn how to move through the forest and to get to know the area.
- Lecture and Demonstration (Skill(s) for the Day)
- Bow drill construction-use
- Carve with your knife
- Best Practices
- Create Your Bow Drill
- Wood selection
Lunch - working lunch
- Start on next Skill/Project/Adventure
- Fire Craft
- Emergency Fire Craft Application and Safety
- tree & plant tinder
- Learn fire for all conditions
- One-match fire
- Construct a fire lay
- Plants and trees
- Fire craft covers lots of information. Lessons and practice continues through the afternoon.
Dinner Break 1-1-1/2 hour
- Evening Community Time
- Getting to know one another
Wildlife human relationship
- 9pm fall into exhausted sleep
You're a Valuable Part of the Circle
We've taught hundreds of people just like you. Here is what we experience:
- This is a small group event, no more than 20 people attending
- Survival is based on helping and supporting one another
- All students start with a common goal of learning survival
- It takes a special and unique person who attend these events, which makes this event all the more interesting
- There is often a good easy-going group of both men and women who attend
- Everyone is of different age groups and have different histories. All ages 16+ are welcome
- There are no stupid questions
- We do not tolerate bullying, or rudeness
Everyone has an opportunity to get to know each other, and often times develop close bonds
Our Students come from various countries: Mexico, Scotland, Denmark, Ukraine, India, Tibet
and from the US: Mostly from California, Oregon, Washington, Texas, Illinois, and other States of the USA
Live Closer to the Earth and in Harmony with NatureThere is a sense of romance in nature, but if you've never been out in the wilderness before, it is common to be apprehensive. We have helped many people through the beginning discovery of wilderness exposure. We cover animal behavior, including the large predators, and how to keep yourself safe. Soon you will experience the peace and simplicity of the forest. Learning self-sufficiency in a survival situations will ease your fears and give you confidence.
Our training and experience will help you:
- Lose the fear
- Get strong
- Be capable
Here are some Favorite Lessons from the Survival Camp Experience
- How to make a fire without even matches.
- All the different kinds of wild plants you can use for food or medicine.
- How to make fire, rope, and even my own shelter from what’s available.
- If I was alone in the wilderness, I know could I feed and shelter myself.
- I learned that everything I need to survive is already out there.
- Students: adult and Teens 16 an older with parental consent - enrollment maximum 20
- Camp duration: Sunday-Wednesday
- Schedule: begins on a Sunday 1:00 pm – ends on a Wednesday at 12:00 noon
- Location: 40 minute drive southeast of Austin Texas.
- Accommodations: camping included
- meals provided
- Equipment: a registration and directions to camp packet will be supplied after enrollment
- Parking: included
- Transport: see additional services for airport & bus shuttle